Friday, June 18, 2010

Nanny 101

I'm blessed to be able to work infrequently. A good friend of mine who has the summer off agreed to be my Franny (a friend/nanny, you get it?) again this summer, and I'm picking up about 2 shifts a week at my job. I wanted everything to go smoothly the first full day they had together. I had her come about an hour early to get everyone settled. I put Ladybug down for her morning nap right before I was to leave for work. Darling and Franny were playing outside happily in the backyard.

I thought this to be a great time for a few quick goodbye hugs and kisses from Darling. I walk back into the house, lock the sliding glass door and leave, thinking hopeful thoughts for an easy day for Franny.

Yes, you read correctly - I locked the door! Locking Darling and Franny in the backyard, and Ladybug asleep in the house. Our backyard is fenced, and the gate has a combination lock on it. Thank God Franny has a good memory and remembered the combination to the side gate that I told her probably 2 years ago! She said there was just a moment of panic, especially since she had left her phone in the house. She texted me after everyone was safe and in the house, but boy did my heart drop when I read what I had done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment