Monday, June 14, 2010

It's a Horse, of Course!

We had a busy weekend at the Back for More household. My mom came for a quick weekend visit after hauling a horse nearby for a client. She drove up with a surprise in the trailer for Darling. It was her miniature horse! Darling was ecstatic! I was a little (ok a lot) nervous about having a horse in my suburban backyard. What if the neighbors complained? Would it totally trash the lawn? But I decided to just go with it. We played in the backyard all weekend, and a lot of our little friends came over to see the horse. We even took it on a walk to the park! It only nipped at one neighbor (I was mortified).

I did, however, get a tad excited when it ran in the house, right next to Ladybug playing on the living room floor. I caught it on the hard wood floor of the kitchen and herded it back outside, after snatching Ladybug up. Mr. B said I broke the sound barrier running inside to pick up the baby. Either that or teleported myself to her side, I moved so fast. He said I yelled "outside", like I do with the dog. Horses speak dog, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment